Sunday, April 7, 2013

8 days of Warzone Resurrection: the Kickstarter

Today is the first post of 8 days of Warzone related posts, so stay tuned for more Mutant Chronicles Warzone goodness here on GiF!

The Kickstarter has been funded and has been busting through stretch goals. Initially they were shooting to reach 35k and release the Bauhaus faction. It has been so successful that Plastic troop squads for the starter sets and a 5th faction has been unlocked the Capitol Mega Corporation. As of this morning the Kickstarter broke and is sitting at around the 100k mark!

So upon initial release in late June, Prodos games will be releasing 5 of the 7 major factions within the Mutant Chronicles universe. I think this is outstanding as a fan of this IP.

Each faction has a starter set containing plastic troopers, a hero and either a vehicle or monster of some sort.

Below are pics (some actual renders for casting, others concept art) of the Add On's including all the units unlocked so far.






So far the miniatures are looking fantastic, Prodos have done a good job keeping the right amount of character in the designs while updating them to fit modern design styles. I have not been this excited for a wargaming release in years.

Long Live Mutant Chronicles Resurrection!

2 comments:

  1. Great initiative and looking forward seeing more of your posts the coming days. I'm posting as much as I can on my blog as well to try and promote this lovely game and find it awesome to find more and more blogs doing the same. I added your blog to my blog roll and will try to find more blogs covering this KS and the future of the WZR, so if you know more please let me know.

    Regards,
    Johan http://diceandbrush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed well done sir! I'm looking forward to reading a weekefull of Warzone- as well as writing a weekful of it myself! (adds Johna's lobg to the list too...)

    Of all the games coming out, this one has the most "teeth" to me. Not to mention I've been touting MC:W to my gaming club for the last five or six years... I really missed this universe.

    ReplyDelete