Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A time for Everything


It has been a fantastic journey, with everyone here on Galaxy in Flames, I appreciate all the support I have gotten from the community over the last 4 years. Plus all the fantastic friends I have made through the blog as well.

I have outgrown what I have always had as a focus of GiF, which was a 40k focus. I am not quitting 40k at all, but I am branching back out into other genres of Wargaming that just don't fit the focus of this blog. I really feel it is time to get back to my roots in wargaming and stop solely focusing for the most part on a singular game genre.

Basically I need a blog that I can share all the wargaming I do, without making those looking for 40k content only have to suffer through. That way if you follow me to the new blog, you know what you are getting into.

I will be blogging about Killzone, Flames of War, Warzone Resurrection, Grunts 15mm Sci-fi, LotR, Muskets and Tomahawks (French Indian War skirimish), 40k and much, much more.

I will be launching the new blog in the next week or so and annoucing it here for you to follow me over if you are interested. I will also be updating Killzone in June as well.

On a completely different topic, I have finally turned the corner in a good way with my health issues and should be completely back to snuff in the next 6-12 weeks. I am mostly back on both feet (no more crutches or canes) and my kidney issues are totally cleared up.

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about your health, sad to hear about the blog.

    Make sure you post so I can follow you there.

    -Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about the health issues!

    As for the blog, I think you should keep and blog about what you want. It might help others to be exposed to new games and see that there is a lot out there. Besides, you have a huge history that you should not walk away from.

    Good luck on the new direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support guys!

    Counterfett, I will post a link once I launch the new blog. This really is just the end of GiF as a stand alone entity within my gaming projects. The new blog with cover everything I would post here and much more.

    It will in the end give me more to blog about, as I actually game a whole cornucopia of genres and systems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drunken Samurai, I had considered that, but I think it is time for a fresh blogging slate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're back and up and running. I understand your decision full well because it was the same thng I did several years back. Just blogging about 40k when I have several gaming and modelling interests did not make much sense to me. I am in a happier position now with my blog. I will certainly be following yours as I have always done.

    NR

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear your health is improving man! I can't wait to see your new place... ring me up when you move in, I'll bring a 6-pack and help you pack your shit up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the support guys!

    S.C.E. for sure buddy and none of the Schlitz crap please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah! Now I can send you review copies of games that aren't 40k related...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back and glad to hear about the health improvements. Keep it coming.

    Looking forward to hearing more about our quest for Narrative gaming plus maybe some life returning to Killzone and The Codex Project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are well on the way to recovery Jim! I have long been a big fan of your 40k-focused blog and in some ways will miss it, but best of luck and well wishes in your future endeavours!

    All the best,

    Menzies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Menzies, there will still be plenty of 40k on the new blog, but there will be other great gaming content as well.

    I hope you will follow me over once the blog is launched.

    Thanks again for all the great artwork for the Soul Reapers codex!

    -Jim

    ReplyDelete