Saturday, October 24, 2009

Galaxy in Flames update and Necron Progress report


So here is the first Necron update. I’ve built 10 Destroyers, 8 Flayed Ones, a Tomb Spyder and the first completed Warrior conversion. Above is a comparison shot for scale purposes between a Flayed One, a standard cron painted by my stepson, and the Conversion. I must say, I really like the conversion.

In total I will be converting, 40 Warriors and 16 Immortals out of the standard minis. I have 32 Necron destroyer lord torsos and Immortal Blaster arms from my time at GW, I miss being able to order bits on the cheap. I’ll be adding those parts to converted beefed up legs for the Immortals.

For the paint scheme I’ve decided to try a rust crusted metal vibe, with the rust worn off in many places showing the bare metal beneath. This pic is kinds what I am going for with a little less orange rust and more metal showing.



I decided to change the layout of the Blog as you may have noticed. I like it, but am curious to hear what you guys think.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a review of the DLT Forge Star Necron List.

4 comments:

  1. The rust crusted metal vibe looks wicked good! I think it'll work out very well on the necrons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm sure it'll look awesome, if I can pull it off correctly. My main worry is all the small detail parts of the infantry.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far so good.
    Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will the crons have had any paint on them before rusting or more like pure metal that have rusted? Looking at an old car and how it rusts can be, well, possibly inspirational. I tbought that that kind of rust would work well on Ork Walkers and I thought I'd mention it. Maybe it in some ways inspires someone:)

    Very very cool cron you have there. There is only one thing I miss. Where is the eyes? Evil glowing red eyes (complete with red light shining effects) would make them look even cooler when I look at them. It kind of has that "I've found you" stance, so it should look upon it's victim:)

    ReplyDelete