Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Looking for an Artist: Soul Reapers Update III



I’m looking for an artist who’d be willing to donate their time to make me a gritty cover for my Soul Reapers Mini-dex. I don’t have the funds to pay for the artwork, but I’d be willing to paint an HQ model to my top standards as compensation.

What I’d really like is Lord Krüg on the cover (WIP pic above) with a couple of Chaos Terminators on either side of him.

If you are interested feel free to contact me through my Blogger profile.

Mini-dex update:

I have run a few Playtest games with the proposed rules changes for the Soul Reapers and things are going pretty smoothly. I’m going to drop the stubborn rule for something else it’s just too powerful when combined with the Icon of Chaos Glory; plus I don’t want to rewrite the rules for the Icon of Chaos Glory.

The thing that is giving me the most trouble is the points costs for the Soul Reapers Special Characters. What I think I am going to do is find an existing 40k SC and modify him to fit the Character in the background then use the points from the SC as a baseline and tweak them as necessary. Do you guys think this is the best way to build a custom SC?

Thanks,
Jim

4 comments:

  1. I might be able to hopefully do your wonderful mini justice... but I warn you it will be a slow process for me trying to do this and balance everything else. If you want I can try to scare up some work to send to see if your interested.

    Grim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not an artist, so I'm probably wasting your time here, but I just wanted to drop a line about how much I dig your site.

    I found it through some blogrolls, which is often hit or miss - if for no other reason than differing taste - but you've got it all. Keep up the good work mate.

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grim, I am interested, so feel free to send them along, to the email listed in my profile. Speed is not a problem, as I have a ton of playtesting to do.

    Brent, no reply here at GiF is ever wasted time. I appreciate the kind words of support.

    I have my good and questionable posts. I am into 40K for the fun of it.

    cheers,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be completely correct in the statement, Big Jim's posts are rarely questionable, it's Big Jim HIMSELF we gotta start asking about!

    Your minidex is looking GOOD old man!

    Love the paint, but you need a new camera. (Or a friend who is a photographer...)

    Call when you get this.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete