Friday, May 7, 2010

Soul Reapers Update 5/07


With regret I am making this post to inform you that I have temporarily removed the Playtest mini-dex as a download. I have contemplated this really hard, it just feels like the right move at this point and time.

I have had some great feedback offline on the project, and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me feedback; good or bad. I really do appreciate it.

There has been some outcry that the available Soul Reapers background does not justify some of the unit entries in the Mini-dex. Fair enough, but as has always been stated, this isn't a finished project. I still need to add the background/fluff and smooth out the rough edges in the formatting.

In this version there were also some minor errors in the formatting and a few missing items that make some units unplayable.

So I had left the background/fluff out for that reason, apparently we are now at the point that it needs to be added. I do agree, and was planning an update at the end of the month; I will move that update up as far as I can.

I am not a great story writer, I can convey the main points, but have trouble at times creating a flowing story.

I have enlisted some help smoothing the background out, so it is fit for public consumption. It will probably take a few weeks to get the more complete version of the min-dex back, but it will get you more understandings into what the Soul Reapers are all about and why I have added the units that are inside.

So look for the Soul Reapers reboot in the next few weeks. Thanks for your continued support of the project.

-Big Jim

2 comments:

  1. You better get crackin!

    My best advice to you is to not rush it. Take your time and get a quality product. Sure it is still a draft, but put out as close to the final product as you can.

    That way, any criticism you get will be (hopefully) constructive and help you improve the mini-dex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise not to rush it, and this time I will be sending out a 3 preview copies before publication.

    The first three to send me an email who are willing to actually look over and give me constructive feedback; will get them.

    Cheers,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete