Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Angels Encarmine Sternguard

Hey guys here is an AE Sternguard squad that I have painted for Snake Eyes over at Tabletop War.




I tried my best to mach the color of the original models. I used the same colors as the original but still ended up slightly redder and brighter: even after 3 washes of red over the top!



Five of these guys have Chapterhouse Studios magnetized combi-bolters, I think they look pretty good! Be warned though you have to drill out all the holes for the magnets in the gun part of the weapon and it is a pain.

One final note, this darned cold weather is killing me, I had to brush seal these models because of it, and that takes close to 24 hours to fully cure.

Tomorrow I will post up the rest of this commission.

2 comments:

  1. Look good!
    I am sure to face these guys on the Battlefield Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I hear ya about the sealant, I have a mess of models to seal but as it was -11F here this morning I have a feeling I'll be waiting for a while. Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

All associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2008, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

More information on Games Workshop copyrights and trademarks can be found here.