Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Soul Reapers: State of the Rebuild



Hey guys, I wanted to share with y’all the current state of the Soul Reapers and the rebuilding of the army. This has been an extremely tough year for me, in terms of real life and an extremely busy year on the hobby side.

I must admit that I have been extremely deflated in spirit when it comes to rebuilding the army; even thought the fantastic members of the 40k community rallied and replaced my stolen models. I actually feel a bit bad about this.

With that said, I have finally gotten the mojo toward getting the Reapers back on the tabletop. I have spent the last week getting an 1100 point force almost completely painted. I should have some nice looking eye candy just after the New Year.

I have been reintroducing my buddy Kev to rulebook style 5th ed 40k, cause when we play our version of 40k is nothing like 5th. I need him a 5th ed mindset as he is helping me with the Narrative event at the bay open.

I guess he has gotten tired of my stealing his IG shtick using my steel legion guard, although he has been using his orks. He is one of the biggest supporters of the Soul Reapers and has decided not to play another game until I run the Reapers.

Here is the list I am finishing up.

Soul Reapers 1100 pts

Exalted Centurion 110 pts
Plasma Pistol, Chaos rune weapon

Elite
Cataphracts 193
3 X Warp Ammo, Chainfist, Heavy Flamer

Troops (632pts)
8 Legionary squad 198 pts
2 x Melta gun, Power weapon, Personal Icon
Centurion Pfist
Rhino

8 legionary squad 188 pts
Plasma gun, Autocannon, Power weapon, Personal Icon
Centurion Power weapon

8 Reavers 206 pts
Flamer, Heavy Flamer
Centurion Pfist

Heavy Support (265pts)
Dakka Pred dozer 105 pts

Defiler 150 pts

Soul Reapers Dread 130
TLLC



7 comments:

  1. Well with recommitting yourself to your Soul Reapers, you have proven you have soul, but are you supa-bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You worked the H-bolters onto a tank yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not yet, I am trying to work out the best way to do it. I'll need to create a new transport or anti-infantry tank to make it work.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see some paint on that guy! Did you GS over the flames, or scrape them off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dremeled them off, I had intended to sculpt a new edging, but as you can see I abandoned the idea.

    I acquired 2 more FW dreads (1 WE, 1 IW) off of ebay, that will be joining him as Onslaught Dreads in the next 1000 points of models.


    Thanks again for the model Dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping you have a better year in '12!

    Looking forward to seeing more of the reapers.

    ReplyDelete