Sunday, July 5, 2009

'Ard boys part Deux, and a Defiler

First up here is the first of two Defilers I'm working on. They will have metal tentacles coming outta the left side of the torso.



Here is what I've come up with as an alternate to the first list, outta the minis I have.

HQ
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
Wings, Warptime, Bolt of Change
200

Elites
4 Terminators with 3 combi-melta, Heavy Flamer, 1 Chainfist, Icon of Tzeentch
Landraider transport
410


Troops
10 Chaos Space Marines with 2 meltaguns and icon of chaos glory
Aspiring Champion with power fist and combi-flamer
Rhino Havoc Launcher
280


10 Chaos Space Marines with 2 Plasma guns and icon of chaos glory
Aspiring Champion with power weapon and melta bombs
Rhino Havoc Launcher
275

7 Plague Marines with 2 meltaguns 1 with personal icon
Aspiring Champion with power fist
Rhino
261


8 Khorne Berzerkers 1 with personal icon
Aspiring Champion with power weapon and melta bomb
Rhino
243


8 Lesser Daemons
104

Fast Attack
6 Chaos Bikers with 2 meltaguns and icon of chaos glory
Aspiring Champion with power fist
268


Heavy Support
2 Obliterators
150

Defiler replaces flamer with CCW
150

Defiler replaces flamer with CCW
150

Total 2491

I playtested the list twice last evening pulling out a draw against Mech Marine Raider spam and a big win over a Dual Lash Chaos. So I'm feeling confident I can do well with the list and give my opponents a good game.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA. That fluffy cloud backdrop isn't befitting of the defiler. :P

    Seems to me like you have a lot of Kill Points and might be trying to do to much with the army. You may want to consolidate some of your points into larger units and/or consider units that compliment each other. Plague Marines are a massive pain in the arse to deal with and Havocs are a good choice to compliment them. I can't say I really see how the Khorne Berszerkers fit into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a really chaotic contrast. :) Death falling out of the peaceful fwuffy skies. Nice start on the Defiler, Jim. I'm waiting eagerly to see how you tackle the paintjob on the Defilers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the background is funny. I got some coffee in my graduated background and need something to hide my awfully messy painting space.

    Oni, if I were going to the 'Ard Boys with the goal of winning I would look into consolidating the list some. I'm just going due to peer pressure and wanna give my opponents a good game.

    ReplyDelete