Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Space Wolves riding giant Wolves, more SW codex comfirmations


That pic is from the FW site of Saul Remis' Space Wolves Great Wolf; I would imgine was the inspirtion for the new SC.

Soonerhef of the Bolter and Chainsword points out this in the marine section new trade order form:

a listing for Canis Wolfborn ($41.25)

Insane Psychopath confirms the listing with this post:

"He's got a very big wolf in a not so weired way as that sounds. Let just say those bloodcrusher look like grots!!! to him"

Brimstone also mentioned this on the SWC.

"I know of at least one new Special Character in the codex and the return/evolution of old ones."

75hastings69 on Warseer fills us in a few items:

"LC's are called Wolf Claws in the new codex, you can choose to either re-roll to hit or to wound.

Njal Stormcaller returns to the Codex with a new model, holding a gnarled staff out before him.

I have heard 2 main plastic kits, however 1 of them can be used to make pretty much every SW troop choice by combining the oooodles of spares on the sprues with normal vanilla marines kits (e.g. a box of devastators plus the extra from the sprues will make your Longfangs. IIRC there are around 30+ heads on the sprue!!! there may also be a special vehicle, but I'm not sure if it's a complete kit or if there will be an upgrade sprue to add to the existing kit."

Hastings gives up a little more:

"And beginning of October for release is indeed correct.

There's also a funky new way of kitting out your characters, it is similar to the Vampiric Powers used by WFB VC, but IMO much more fitting for SW, and very fluffy, in fact it is IMO one of the best ideas GW have had in ages. I'm not going to say any more on this as it will spoil the surprise."


The Plot thickens!

3 comments:

  1. Damn it. I was told all this last weekend, but told to keep it to myself so I didn't drop a friend in it!

    Typical. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know a lot more than I can say, without alienating a good online friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here they are tempting me with new plastic models. Once again.

    The Wolves are getting some serious love.

    ReplyDelete