Saturday, February 11, 2012

GiF becomes Big Jim's Hobby Adventures


Hello loyal readers,

Let me open with a couple of WIP’s of an Obliterator that I just finished converting.



I am posting today to share a great change for me on how I will be moving the blog forward. I will be rolling all my blogs under the Galaxy in Flames url and be changing the name of GiF to Big Jim’s Hobby Adventures. I just do not have time to run 4 blogs, The Codex Project site including the hugely popular Killzone rules and be a successful host on Deepstrike Radio. It is just too much like work and this is my hobby and it should be fun, right?

I have been struggling with the blog since last summer; I just have not had the energy to post regularly. A lot of this does coincide with joining DSR and getting the show on track with a new format and flow between the hosts. The blame does not solely land on DSR I had an abysmal year in 2011 ranging from health to computer issues. Thankfully I have handled most of what has been weighing me down.

So what can you expect to see in the future? Honestly the sky is the limit when it comes to hobby and gaming content! I play 40k (duh) Warhammer Fantasy, BFG, Flames of War, Heavy Gear, (who doesn’t love big robots battling it out!) and many other games mostly historical in nature but fun none the less! You can also expect me to reintroduce the Rules from the Man-cave and Tales from the Soapbox post series'.

Now if a generalist hobby blog ain’t your cup o coffee, I understand, but this is the way forward for me and I wanted to share my reasons for doing it.

Upward and onward,
-Jim

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, I thought maybe the Warp up and claimed you, looking forward to the new format, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to it. :) Can't wait to see what you have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. /unsubscribe

    I keed, I keed. Look forward to the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hole heartily welcome the change just as long as the blog stays donut sponsor free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More, I say. More. Looking forward to seeing what else is on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great idea, Jim. Hopefully 2012 proves to be a relatively obstacle-free period of time when it comes to "real life" and hobby-related initiatives for you! I'm personally loving DSR so you definitely have a nice thing going doing that.
    I'd like to see some more (oh, who am I kidding - LOTS MORE) of your custom Soul Reapers chapter and what happened to the Space Wolves Killzone Team you had going? I want to see it finished, sir! IS it even 'legal' under the current KZ ruleset?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the support guys.

    @Chris, I am too vile for the Warp to take me back once spit from it, so not to worry the Warp does not want to let me back in!

    @Sons O Taurus, I can always count on you for your quick wit!

    @Panda, Never, I need no stinking sponsorship cluttering up what I do!

    @SoD and B, Just you wait lots of good stuff incoming!

    @Vlad, Thanks, the Soul Reapers are on Deck for a month long posting spree in March! The Wolf Team might not be legal in the current KZ, but will definitely be in the advanced when it drops. Since I intend to use it as my Marine test list for the new system.

    ReplyDelete