Thursday, November 15, 2012

2K Chaos Marines with IG allies V3



I have made a few more changes to the list after some more playtesting. I replaced the Vindicator after losing it's cannon in 3 games and replaced it with an AC/LC predator sporting a Dirge caster. Yup I got to expireince Flamers of Tzeentch in my backfield this weekend, the result was ouch!

I also ditched the Leman Russ for a reactionary unit of Terminators, they will protect the Warpsmith and can engage anything that gets in my backfield. I also used these points to give the CCW's to the Chaos Marine squads; I feel I need a leg up on those space marines I keep facing.

I also dumped the cultists for 2 more IG squads that will blob with a commissar. This should be much more effective than the cultists.

While I liked lobbing those three pie plates a turn I think this list in more effective.

 Also I just want to point out the Defiler is a workhorse in this list! It really has been great; even though I still think it is about 15-20pts overcosted. That said it is really resilient now. It has only gone down in 2 of 6 games.

2000 point Chaos Marine List with Traitor Guard allies (1290pts)
HQ (125pts)
Warpsmith
Aura of Dark Glory
Total: 125pts

Elite (105pts)
Terminator Squad Crixus (3)
2 Combi-plasma’s
Total: 105pts

Troops (398pts)
Marine squad Decimus (10) 
Plasma gun, Autocannon, 8 CCW, Vets long war
Champion with Chain Axe
Total: 199pts

Marine squad Barbarus (10)
Plasma gun, Autocannon, 8 CCW, Vets long war
Champion with Chain Axe
Total: 199pts

Fast Attack (207pts)
Bike squad Agron (6)
2 Melta guns, Vets long war, Mark of Nurgle
Champion with Power weapon
Total: 207pts

Heavy Support (455pts)
Defiler
Total: 195pts

Predator
TLLC, Lascannon Sponsons
Total: 140pts

Predator
Lascannon Sponsons, dirge caster
Total: 120pts

Traitor Guard Allies (610pts)
HQ (90pts)
Lord Commissar
Power Weapon, Camo cloak
Total: 90pts

Elite (65pts)
Guardsman Marbo
Total: 65pts

Troops (325pts)
Traitor Guard Platoon
Command squad
4 Flamers
Total: 50pts

Guard squad
Grenade Launcher, Autocannon
Total: 65pts

Guard squad
Grenade Launcher, Autocannon
Total: 65pts

Guard squad
Flamer
Commissar
Total: 90pts

Guard squad
Flamer
Total: 55pts

Fast Attack (130pts)
Vendetta
Total: 130

Fortification (100pts)
Aegis Defense Line
Quad Gun
Total: 100pts

7 comments:

  1. Wow. You've lost the demolisher in 3 games? That means a roll of weapon destroyed and then losing the randomized roll of which weapon to lose each time. That's some rotten luck! Glad the defiler is pulling through though. Great to see this list taking shape and coming into its own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you are using the blob squad as a screening delaying force, a few sergeants with at least melta bombs will help if someone gets a walker into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SoD, the cannon did not go right away in every game, unfortunately I don't have a second weapon on the Vindi maybe I should try it with at least a secondary one.

    Mags, that is not a bad idea, I'll just need to figure out where drop something to get the 10 points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drop two of the flamers on the PCS or the grenade launchers in the autocannon platoons.
      Or... change the grade launchers to flamers and drop two flamers on the PCS, yes that sounds best. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Oops. Thought it came with a combi-bolter like the regualr one has a storm bolter. Might be worth a couple points. Since weapon destruction is now randomized, it's like a 4+ save for your demolisher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    a few comments:

    What do you plan to use the Warpsmith like? He's a nice model and has some need abilities, but in my opinion you have to little armour that he may be needed to take care of. Therefor I'd suggest you replace him with another commander. Prolly a lord with Mark of Nurgle on a bike?

    You wrote in the last post that you plan on converting a Helldrake, yet I don't see it in your list? I'd try to strip some points here and there to include it! :-)

    You wrote, that you plan to use the Terminators to stick with the Warpsmith to cover the backfield. That's 230 points total babysitting the Imperials, sorry Traitors. A Terminator squad of three is rather a distraction or suicide deepstrike commando. I fear they wouldn't be able to hold up any units for long, that actually manage to threaten your backfield. My suggestion is to either up that unit, inculding the Warpsmith to potentialy a Lord with Terminator armour to gain the ability to deepstrike or drop the unit.

    So my suggestions are:

    Drop the following units:
    - Warpsmith
    - Predator with TLLC, Lascannon Sponsons
    - five (5) men of Marine squad Barbarus, including the autocannon

    Get the following units:
    - Lord with Mark of Nurgle, Power Weapon (axe?!) on bike
    - increase the number in Terminator Squad Crixus to five (5)
    - Helldrake

    All in all you gain more offensive power by doing so, which is something your list lacked in my opinion:
    - Terminator Squad Crixus becomes a real threat no one can ignore and you can deep strike them if you like. And you are using more Terminators even, which is always nice, especially as you like Terminators, as you said in an older post
    - Bike squad Agron being led by your Lord really sports alot more punching power and can hold itself even better.
    - You get to use your Helldrake, that will hopefully be converted soon enough.

    Sorry for the long post, but once I get into writing mode... ;-)

    Cheers,
    HellHenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the very in depth comments. For the moment until my friends get the flyer bug I will only run one flyer. So it would have to be an either or situation between the Heldrake and the Vendetta.

      The Warpsmith has been incredibly useful since I started using him. I am starting to wonder if I won't always want to field one. Sure he is not a beatstick HQ but his abilities are a pretty good buff for the army.

      I am about to start working on a new version of the list and will take your advice into consideration as I create it. I am also looking to make a new all CSM list as well. These both should be up by the end of the week.

      Cheers,
      -Jim

      Delete