Saturday, November 3, 2012

2k Chaos Marines with Traitor Guard allies



I have decided to try making the Chaos Marine army focused on shooting rather than my more typical in the enemies face style of list. It is also high time I start utilizing Allies and Fortifications

Chaos Marines (1450pts)

HQ (110pts)
Warpsmith
Total: 110pts

Elite (444pts)
Terminator Squad Crixis (5)
3 Combi-plasma, Chain Fist, Heavy Flamer, Vets of long war
Champion with Power weapon
Land Raider, dozer blade
Total: 444pts

Troops (456pts)
Marine squad Decimus (10) 
Plasma gun, Autocannon, Vets long war
Champion with Chain Axe
Total: 183pts

Marine squad Barbarus (10)
Plasma gun, Autocannon, Vets long war
Champion with Chain Axe
Total: 183pts

Marine squad Ludro(5)
Melta gun, Vets long war
Total: 90pts

Heavy Support (440pts)
Defiler
Total: 195pts

Predator
Lascannon Sponsons
Total: 115pts

Vindicator
Siege shield
Total 130pts

Traitor Guard Allies (450pts)
HQ (70pts)
Lord Commissar
Total: 70pts

Troops (80pts)
Penal Legion squad
Total 80points

Fast Attack (130pts)
Vendetta
Total: 130

Heavy Support (170pts)
Leman Russ Squadron
1 Battle tank with Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Fortification (100pts)
Aegis Defense Line
Quad Gun
Total: 100pts


As you can see I have 6 armored vehicles, which most would say is suicide in 6th, but I am not so sold on the idea. Most of my armor is AV 13 or 14 on the front and since I do not plan to rush forward I won't have to worry early on about melta's doing me in. . 

I am looking forward to throwing 3 pie plates of doom a turn! Should be pretty effective since so many gamers have abandoned their armored pillboxes. 

I will be deepstriking the Terminators to cause a distraction in the enemy backfield and using the Land Raider as an AV 14 anti-tank platform. Then late in the game mount up one of the Marine squads if need be and grab an objective.

I'll be using the Warpsmith to keep my armor up and running as long as I can.

I decided not to take a Heldrake as I feel the Vendetta is much more utilitarian. Equally good against both air and ground targets.

Feedback welcomed as always!

5 comments:

  1. Looks really solid! Can't wait to hear how it performs for ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very fun list :) Hoping to figure out a nice Thousand Sons CSM/IG allied list too.

    Matt-Power Armoured Metal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Matthew, it has been a long road figuring out what to do with Chaos in this codex. I really do think the way forward has to be allies. IG and Daemons are the best fit in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. IG is great for representing the more organised rebels of the dark gods. Eg Blood pact for Khorne, Prospero Spireguard for 1000 sons, or even just generic traitors :)

      Matt-Power Armoured Metal

      Delete
  4. woo hoo! Good to see an allies list from you Jim, its amazing what it opens up in the game, tractically. I imagine at a certain point it will be the majority of lists that use them, even at the local game store

    ReplyDelete