Sunday, June 21, 2009

My new terrain and a tribute to my Father

I just inherited my Fathers LotR terrain, he's moving outta the area and doesn't feel like hauling it with him. Win for me, I can now cover 5 feet of table in forest! It needs some small fixes, but I think it is still fantastic looking stuff. Here is a sampling of the pieces.






A little back ground on my Father. He has been gaming since the mid 70's with a passion for the ancient world. During the 80's when gamers were still playing on bare tabletops with some colored felt scattered about for terrain. He undertook the task of creating 2x2 ft modular terrain using the same techniques that model railroaders use. Since that time he has won multiple awards for his fantastic layouts. Here are some scanned pics of that first terrain layout.



Happy Fathers Day Pop and thanks for all the wonderful years of gaming!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that old terrain. It really looks like it is part of a whole rather than random pieces put on a table. Good work! I hope the son is as good as the father with his terrain :)

    //John

    ReplyDelete