Sunday, June 28, 2009

Space Wolf Ven Dread update

Here is the long overdue update on the Ven Dread. If you go back and look at the test model I did for my new Space Wolves army in the Space Wolves revisited post you'll notice I was trying out striped highlighting. It looked pretty good on the marines, but looked awful on the Dread and I imagine would have looked equally bad on my tanks. I have abandoned this style as is apparent on the latest Grey Hunter.

So the Ven dread has recovered fro his stripey syndrome and is now on track to be finished in the next few days.



I have decided to vary the colors of the wolf pelts throughout the Space Wolves army; including black, grey, brown and white fur.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good. I've ordered myself a MK4 dreadnought from Forgeworld for my Venerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been holding out for the SW release to see what FW do for a SW Dread. Once FW release a SW Dread, it'll be ordered to be used as my Ven Dread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the freehand symbols; very tidy.

    ReplyDelete