Here is my take on Chaos Terminators. This entry is done in the same spirit as what I did with the Praetorian and Vulture unit entries.
I have put a lot effort in to make these viscous warriors stand out as a unique unit worthy of their Elite status. Cataphract Terminators are the hammer of the Soul Reapers.
Cataphract Terminator Squad………………109 points
Same stats as the Chaos Terminator entry in the Chaos Space Marine codex.
• 2 Cataphract Terminators
• 1 Centurion
• Terminator Armor
• Twin-linked Bolter
• Power Weapon
• Fear is for the Weak
• No Matter the Odds
• Counter Attack
• If the squad numbers 5 or less models they may select a Land Raider as a dedicated transport.
• May include up to 7 additional Cataphract Terminators: +33 points per model.
• One model may take an Icon:
• Personal Icon………………….5pts
• Icon of Perpetual War……….15pts
• Any model may replace their twin-linked bolter with the following:
• Any model may replace their power weapon with one of the following:
• Single lightning claw……..5pts
• Power Fist……………….10pts
• Any model may replace their twin-linked bolter and power weapon for a pair of Lightning Claws for 10pts per model.
• The squad may upgrade their bolt weapons to use Warp Infused Ammunition for 10 points per model. (If this option is chosen then all models with twin-linked bolters and combi-weapons must purchase the upgrade.)
• One may replace their twin-linked bolter with one of the following: (If there are 8 or more models in the squad they may take a second weapon from the list.)
• Heavy Flamer………….....5pts
• Reaper Autocannon…….20pts
• The Centurion may replace his power weapon with the following:
• Chaos Rune Weapon…………...5pts
No Matter the Odds: Cataphracts automatically pass all tests to regroup. Usually squads that regroup cannot move and count as moving, but these restrictions do not apply to units with this rule. If a sweeping advance catches any Cataphract unit they are not destroyed and will continue to fight as normal. If this happens the unit is subject to the No Retreat rule.
Warp infused Ammunition: These bolter rounds have been charged with pure warp energies, which make them dangerous to use, but their ability to penetrate armor outweighs any risk. These rounds are only effective within Rapid Fire range, any shots over 12 inches use their normal AP value. The AP value of the bolt weapons is 2 instead of the normal 5; in addition any 6’s scored on the “to wound” roll will negate any Invulnerable saves that the target may have. All shooting from a weapon with this ammo is subject to the "Gets Hot" except these rounds are extremely volatile and suffer damage on a roll of a 1 or a 2.