Monday, September 21, 2009

Sorcerers verses Rune Priests


Okay guys, Space Wolves are almost here and their Rune Priest Psychers are pretty nasty.

With the ability to shut down any psychic power successfully cast within 24 inches of the Rune Priest on a 4+, it looks like a rough time for Chaos Sorcerers and Daemon Princes with powers. Plus their Runic Force weapons wound any Daemon on a 2+ combine this with the Saga of the Beastslayer and they will be re-rolling their to hit and wound rolls against the Daemon Prince.

The Rune Priest also has some good psychic powers to go along with their ant-psycher/daemon abilities.

Oh, and I don’t wanna forget the SW Special Character Njal Stormcaller. He’s an absolute beast, as his Rune staff shuts down powers on a 3+ and he has all 7 SW psychic powers he can cast two of them a turn, plus a nifty passive power that is it goes off gives him access to a third power each turn.

So my question to you guys is how are the Space Wolves going to affect your lists and how are you going to deal with the Rune Priests?

Personally I'll be using Kharn and a squad of Zerkers in a Landraider to go strait for the Rune Priest throat. Then use my Lash Sorcerer in the late game to set up charges and move their troops off objectives.

2 comments:

  1. How do I deal with Rune Priests? I put Mephiston into my list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Big Jim,
    I dont really know how I am going to deal with them. Will ignoring them work?

    ReplyDelete