Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A year without my Father



Even though last year started off with devastation it ended up being a great year filled with family, friends and growth for me.


I have learned a lot this past 12 months first and foremost is that life is short and that you must do your very best to “live” that life. I’ve found that most people just exist in life doing only what they must to get through day by day, I was doing that very thing, but there is so much more to it. Go out try new things, don’t leave your dreams untried otherwise what is the point of having dreams.


Express your love to the people you care the most about as often as possible, let them know how much they mean to you while they are here to hear and see it. Blood relation is not the only way that someone is family, you can choose the family you want with friends that feel the same way you do.


Don’t waste your time being angry its just not worth the energy, instead fill your heart with understanding, not everyone is capable of being a good person and accept them for the way that they are. If they are toxic cut them off, no one needs that kind of negativity in their life.


Have adventures, whether it be visiting a place you’ve always wanted to go or one you loved as a child to trekking out to visit an old friend to share the memories of your good times together. Also important take pictures of your adventures, lots of pictures as reminders of the great things you have done!


Hug the ones you love and hold them close whenever you can, I am a born again hugger!


Most importantly make new exciting memories with your friends, my friends and family have made this a year of laughing, loving and joy despite the loss of my father.

I will always miss my Pop, but I have to thank him for this year of discovery that he placed me on.

Cheers, Big Jim

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Big Jim, and I'm sorry for your loss.

    I lost my dad this year too, and I appreciate your sentiments here.

    Here's to a better 2018, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For certain here's to a fantastic 2018!

      I am sorry for your loss as well mate, remember the good times and keep a smile on your face, at least that's how I do it.

      Delete