Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Going back to Middle Earth

I've dove head long back into Tolkien's Middle Earth, Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit were a huge piece of my Childhood. My Pop Jim Sr read the books to us when we were very young, to this day they are imprinted on who my siblings and I are.


So as you can imagine when Games Workshop released their strategy battle game for Lord of the Rings to accompany the movies my Father, brother and I were stoked beyond belief. For Christmas that year it was all Lord of the Rings related gifts for the male members of the family. It was glorious, we had so much fun building models together after Christmas dinner.


By February we were already play testing a scenario to run a Kublacon in that following May. We played this scenario 3 times before the convention, with scads of our gaming friends.



It was a magical time for us, many of us were gaming together for the first time in years.


It started off very basic terrain wise, but got much more elaborate with every play test.




I will be revisiting this scenario in the near future for a redo with the newly updated rules set. There will be many pictures and post to follow on this one going forward.

Until next time,
Jimbo









2 comments:

  1. Looks a blast! Good to see you back at it, amigo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my man, good to be back at it! Hope all has been well with you bro!

      Cheers,
      Jimbo

      Delete