Thursday, January 13, 2011

Warlord Krüg from the feet up


The conversion is complete and the greenstuff dry, it is time to begin painting the king of the baddies!

I will be painting Warlord Krüg in pieces as it will allow me the most freedom to pay attention to the details of this incredible model. This pic above is still very much a work in progress. I have laid down the initial colors and washes. The tabbard is more or less finished.

This part of the model has very little greenstuff work on it. I replaced the Khorne icons on the hip armor with Soul Reapers crossed scythe icons. I also emulated Menzies artwork by adding crossed scythes over the WE icon on the right leg, this is Krüg's personal iconography.

7 comments:

  1. That is a very fine start. I am already looking forward to the rest of him... Dare I say it? Glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Awesome, Jim! Can't wait tosee the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's actually looking very mean already, and great painting-wise for a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! And it hasn't even been finished yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I just wanted to show that I am back to painting on the Reapers!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete