Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chaos Astartes are set for release soon

So the Chaos Space Marine codex did not drop in August as my sources had told me. Times are apparently really tough for rumor-mancers these days.

I have been fed tidbits of info on the CSM codex since late last year. So I had a pretty good idea that a lot of the tasty too good to be true rumors at that time were hogwash.

The latest and most accurate rumors to what I know come from Tasty Taste over on Blood of Kittens. I am glad that he has sources that are still willing to spill the beans, cause mine seem reluctant at best.

So with the post from BoK I feel ok spilling a bit of what I know to confirm some of his rumors.

Basic Chaos space marines are definitely getting a points drop, at first I heard 2 points per model, later only one point.

I had heard most units had a rule similar to preferred enemy verses space marines, now with 6th out the Hate USR fits with this.

Units would potentially get better as they destroy enemy units in assault, this was probably a vague reference to the Eye of the Gods table.

Cultists are back, but with very few options. 

Oblits would gain more close combat weapons options, but this now seems to be a new unit entirely.

Defilers would get better by getting more resilient to taking damage and gaining an Invul save.

Chaos would gain a new skimmer/flyer.

Daemon Princes would get a significant price increase.

Now here are some things I heard that have not been mentioned or confirmed by Tasty's post.

Chaos Bikes would drop in points equal to the value of they loyalist brethren.

Daemon weapons would still poke you in the eye if you rolled a 1, but you would still be able to attack your enemy.

Chaos Dreads would still be crazed, but less likely to kill your own units.

Possible new Chaos Land Raider. (now this was one of the earliest rumors I got, so could have been scrapped early in the process)

I had also heard very early on that a Chaos Lord on a Bike or with a Jump pack would move similar units to the troops slot.

Now with all that said I am still very excited about the imminent release of this codex although at this point I have no idea when it will actually drop. Could be early September or sometime in October.



1 comment:

  1. I heard from another page that the assualty Oblits are called Maulers ;)

    ReplyDelete