Monday, August 20, 2012

CelestiCon Terrain: new building ruins


I am working on some ruined buildings for the CelestiCon Narrative event. I like my buildings to be on the more realistic looking side. Festooned with lots of rubble and debris, it looks fantastic on the tabletop. Problem is most gamers go bonkers due to functionality with miniatures in game.

So I am debating a compromise, strew sand all over the interior with minimal debris near the actual walls, but then make rubble inserts to place in the buildings for when infantry and tanks are not inside. Similar to what we do with removable trees for forests.

What do y’all think, should I compromise to cater to everyone or should I just go nuts and go old school then say the heck with playability since it will look Kool!?!





4 comments:

  1. I'd say the removable one, while tedious to build, will probably save everyone the most headaches the day of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Removable ones. I had this idea some time ago, never had the willpower to finish the project :/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to having my superheavy explode around these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like removable terrain it is, which is where I was leaning anyhow.

    Sounds great Sean, I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete