Thursday, August 6, 2009

Aspiring Champions of Chaos


I just came into a free box of Possessed Chaos marines, I also have an unopened box of Chaos maarines. I'm not fond of the rules for the possessed so I figured I wouuld combine these fantastic models with standard CSM's to make Aspiring Champions.

I have 4 squads of standard CSM's, a squad of Zerkers, and a squad of Plague marines. Each of these have a Champ already, 4 fists w/bolters and 2 Pweapons with bolters. I want each squad to have three champ options, the two options I am cetain of is the fist w/bolter and Pweapon bolter.

So I need ideas for the third option. Weapons available are Plasma pistols, combi-weapons, Pweapons and Fists. I like the comi-flamer as an option, but should he carry a fist or Pweapon?

All comments are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. I guess it depends on what you want to do with the squad really. I don't have my codex in front of me right now, but if their initiative is already low, might as well go with the power fist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like oni said, whatever the weapons the squad has, duplicate on the champions for extra firepower in a pinch. Meltaguns that need another punch against that Land Raider? Combi-Melta, or Power Weapon with meltabombs, but that's different. I do like Combi-Flamers, but tend to only take them en masse if I'm fighting horde armies, especially Tyranids and Orks. And then the Combi-Plasma is reserved for my Plague Champions when they need to kill that additional Terminator or Wraithguard, although they also work well on Rhinos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much to add to what has already been said, but when I'm faced with similar questions, I always try to think what role I want a unit to play on the battlefield. Once that's decided, I then try to choose appropriately.

    ReplyDelete