Thursday, June 21, 2012

Killzone and the Future

First off I would like to thank everyone that has been involved in S.O. Killzone and supported the game from the get go. I also want to say a heartfelt fond farewell to Brian and good luck in all of your future game design endeavors. I appreciate the help you gave and all the work you have done for S.O. Killzone more than words can convey.

I hate for it to end but end it has.

 S.O. Killzone will go on as S.O. Killzone: Events once its 6th edition update is done and dusted. After that is completed I will finally be able to focus on the more narrative version that I had planned to do from the very beginning of this long two year road. 

This will be Killzone: Evolution,  the next logical step in skirmish gaming for the Warhammer 40k universe.

Where Special Operations Killzone bent over backward to allow existing 40k players an easy transition into skirmish gaming; Killzone Evolution might have a bit of a learning curve for many of those same gamers.

Like its predecessor it will still draw most of its rules from 40k, but unlike its predecessor it will change the way the game turn works. 

Killzone Evolution will use an action based alternation activation turn sequence. Each model will have a set number of actions that they can perform when “activated.” More to come on this in a future post.

Then finally we will have Killzone: Forlorn Hope that will pit players verses hoards of aliens or zombies. This will be a supplement that works for both the Events and Evolution systems.

So as one chapter ends a brand new one begins for Killzone.

Cheers,
Jim

7 comments:

  1. Been a while since I have been to your blog. I'm really digging the new look of the site. As for Killzone I cannot wait to see what you come up with. If you need a hand with anything I would be more than willing to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Jim, I am curious if you would like me to update the Roster's I made for Brian for Killzone. I honestly haven't touched it since Adepticon, they are about 95% done with autocalculations for skill/gear per model and max points.

    I wasn't sure if you were planning on changing the format too much and with 6th edition coming along I figured I'd hold off a bit.

    Also I can definitely get the file for you so it could potentially be hosted on the codex project, as I found out with Brian, googledocs currently disables all of the formulas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the Emperor used to say, "Whenever one door closes, have someone with a bolter cover it in case the Xenos find a way in."

    Or, something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to Killzone Evolution as my chance to break into Killzone gaming. Another reason for me personally to look forward to 6th ed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the direction SO:K took 40k-ish gaming, and I really like the concepts you are working with for Killzone Evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend just introduced me to KIllzone on the weekend. They are soooo much fun! The new version sounds great too. A little bit like space hulk with number of actions detail. I can't wait to try it out! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments and support guys, I really appreciate it.

    @hotpanda, I will keep that in mind and hit you up when playtesting for the 6th ed update begins.

    @IrNot1337 sure send the current one via email too me through my blogger profile; I'll get them up on TCP ASAP. The format for S.O. Killzone won't be changing much in general, so if you are up to the task a new one would be great to have come the 6th ed update.

    Again thank you all for the support!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete