Thursday, June 11, 2009

The power weapon poll results are......

too close to call, but lean slightly towards blue. :P

What color Power Weapons should I use for the Space Wolves?

Blue 28 (52%)

Green 25 (47%)


I'd like to thank everyone who voted in the poll. There were some comments on other colors that you'd like to see and Purple was a definite favorite.

It looks like it's time to experiment. I'm going to repaint the power weapons on 4 of my old Grey Hunters. One each of the following colors; Blue, Green, Purple and Red/Orange.

Once completed I'll post pics of all four to get your feedback.

Cheers,
Jim

3 comments:

  1. ah well, my idea about the green was beaten down by some pretty convincing arguments for blue and purple.
    I look forward to seeing the test models but I noted a comment from someone that you could just do it on photoshop... this would save wasting time painting tests! Id do it myself if only I knew how to use any version of photoshop! really must learn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm a bit of a traditionalist, Photoshop could give an idea, but wouldn't be a true to life comparison.

    Time isn't an issue at all for me, I think that painting all four will help me pick and bash out a style for the weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully agree with you Jim. Even though I do know how to use Photoshop, nothing beats seeing something with your own eyes on a real model itself. I'm really glad you've decided to paint up some test models. I'm looking forward to seeing your paint-fu. Hmm, if all 4 colours were to work out quite well after you paint them up, it wouldn't be a bad idea to use all 4 colours throughout your army to give the power weapons some variety.

    ReplyDelete