Monday, January 4, 2010

Soul Reapers Playtest Feedback 1/04




Three weeks in and I have 10 playtesters from around the globe giving the Soul Reapers a thorough shake down. Thanks to all of you actively playtesting the Mini-dex, I appreciate the feedback.


So far the Icons playtest favorite is the Icon of Eternal War. Although about half of the playtesters would prefer that it was just the Feel no Pain rule as written in the MRB.


Apparently there is a bit of an uproar from Loyalist Marine players over the addition of Fear is for the Weak at no cost. Oddly over the ability to regroup if under 50%. The suggestion so far is to add two points per model for the rule. I have trepidation about doing this for the reasons I have explained in the previous posts. I may relent in the PDF update on the 15th, but if I do it will probably only be a one point increase.

In the Jan 15th update we will be adding the Rage Zombies to the playtest list. We will be adding an updated Chaos Dread Crazed Chart. We may also be changing the Sorcerer HQ entry to an Apostle of Malevolence entry with a few new Psychic powers added in.


We have also decided to extend playtesting through March, with the final product being released at the end of April. Between the 6 months of closed playtesting from our group and this 3-month open playtest will give a total of 9 months of playtesting total.


Keep sending in the great feedback guys!

Cheers,
Jim

PS: Menzies is still cranking out great Artwork for the finished Mini-dex.

He has also started his own Blog for the 512th Cadian: the Harakoni Warhawks. So please go check it out and give him a warm welcome to the Bloggoshpere!

3 comments:

  1. How about some renagade Sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That map is cool, will it be in the final product?

    I can see the point in regular marine players being but hurt over the free special rule, as the Soul Reapers no longer act like a bunch of posers.

    I feel at least from my perspective playtesting that the rule is the perfect progression of ATSKNF, for the bad version of marines.

    I wouldn't relent a single point to a bunch of non-independant thinkers. The PV of the SW's is reason enough to keep the SR points as they are.

    I'm not sold on the Zombies going in as a unit choice. What if you just do like BoLS does and make a couple of APOC data sheets to go in the mini-dex, and make the Zombies one of them.

    I like the idea of making the Sorcerers different with a better variety of powers. What about giving them the option to buy the ability use two powers a turn like the CM and SW can?

    For the Icons, I know I've said this offline to you already, but just make them personal icons for teleporting and be done with it. Played well the SR don't need a buff.

    Kev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the extra feedback Kev. I'll take all of this into consideration and discus it with the boys tonight.

    I really like the idea of Apoc data sheets.

    -Jim

    ReplyDelete