Sunday, January 17, 2010

Soul Reapers project update 1/17/10


While I am finishing up my Wargaming through the year’s retrospective, I figured I’d give a quick update on decisions made about the Soul Reapers Mini-dex project.

First up is that ‘We’ as in my gaming group has decided that I should not put up the final product until after the Blood Angels codex is released. This is so we can make sure that the points of the Soul Reapers are appropriate. So this puts the finalized Mini-dex up in early May.

Right now we are not charging for the Fear is for the Weak special rule, but when I do the January update this coming week we will be adding one point increase per model in the army that gets access to the rule. This is relenting to feedback from codex Marine opponents.

Second up on the plate, we will be replacing the Sorcerer entry in the Codex CSM with an Apostle of Malevolence entry with a few new powers and options.

Thirdly, Xusia will be getting a couple of slight tweaks.

The fourth item in the hopper is the return of the 3.5 Chart for Chaos Dread Crazed results.

Fifth, Zombies go to an Apocalypse Data sheet and Heretics/Cultists make a return to the project.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that you need to wait at least until the release of the new Blood Angels codex. Looking forward to the next update.
    I also think paying for the upgrade for Fear is For the Weak is a good compromise as it makes your CSM much more hardy that the regular scaredy-cat CSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, waiting does seem like a good idea.

    I agree FiftW does make the Reapers better than the regular CSM, but regular CSM aren't the best value in the first place.

    The Codex CSM should have just been called Codex Plague Marine/Zerker, as they are the best all around troops choices in the book. Thanks Gav!

    ReplyDelete