Sunday, June 20, 2010

What can I say, I like Predators; another Chaos Marine list



Ok so I added the personal icon to the Lord and the lightning claw Chosen marine. Here is how the list shaped up, I replaced a squad of Oblits for a Predator with lascannon sponsons. I like to be different, so 2 Oblits and 2 Preds should fit nicely into my playstyle.

The list is far from optimized, but I detest math-hammer so that is fine by me. In the end it all comes down to tactics and the luck of the dice!

I'm gonna run this list for a couple of weeks, I'll let you know how it goes.

HQ (175pts)

Chaos Lord 175
Bike, combi-melta, personal icon and Daemon weapon

Elite (384pts)

3 Chaos Terminators 115
3 combi-plasma and icon of chaos glory

8 Chosen Marines 269
2 melta guns, 1 flamer, 1 pair of lightning claws, Champ with power fist and icon of chaos glory
Rhino

Troops (640pts)

10 Chaos Space Marines 255
2 melta guns and icon of chaos glory
Aspiring Champion with power fist
Rhino

10 Chaos Space Marines 255
2 melta guns and icon of chaos glory
Aspiring Champion with power fist
Rhino

5 Lesser Daemons 65pts

5 Lesser Daemons 65pts

Fast attack (268pts)

6 Chaos Bikers with 2 melta guns and icon of chaos glory
Aspiring Champion with power fist
268

Heavy Support (380pts)

2 Obliterators 150

Dakka Pred 100

Predator 135
LC sponsons

Total points 1847

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I think the lightning claws are a good change. There is nothing worse that getting into a fight with other 3+ armies and having it come down to each side losing 2 to the Powerfist/Powerweapon....what ensues is a long drawn out slap fight. With the addition of the lightning claws, you should be able to tip the odds in your favor. Two Thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm really liking this Chosen configuration, it's kinda similar to my 3rd ed Grey Hunter load out with more special weapons bite. It worked like a champ, especially against Marines.

    Heck, if I drop the icon from the Lord I could exchange the other flamer for a power weapon. It would make the Chosen real Marine killers; even on the receiving end of an assault.

    I've got another list brewing in my head now, well expect another update tomorrow! lol

    -Jim

    ReplyDelete