Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2010 tourney scene; third time is the charm?


After some more thought I decided to tweak the list again, as Oblits are so much better than Preds in general; so here is the third and final list. I am liking this one the best. It's got 50 bodies in it which is nice for a Chaos Marine army and uses every single one of its 1850 points.

HQ (275pts)

Krüg the Beheader (counts as Abaddon) 275

Elite (287pts)

3 Terminators (D/S Termicide) 105
3-combi-melta

7 Possessed Marines 182
(in Raider with Abby)

Troops (748pts)

10 Chaos Space Marines 270
2 melta guns and icon of chaos glory
Aspiring Champion with power fist
Rhino, extra armor

10 Chaos Space Marines 270
2 melta guns and icon of chaos glory
Aspiring Champion with power fist
Rhino, extra armor

8 Lesser Daemons 104pts

8 Lesser Daemons 104pts

Heavy Support (540pts)

2 Obliterators 150

2 Obliterators 150

Land Raider 240
Possession or extra armor and a dozer blade (I'm undecided which to use thus far)

Total points 1850 on the nose

Thoughts, opinions or feedback welcome.

6 comments:

  1. My immediate thought is that an icon on the terminators might be a good thing to add in to the mix to provide a little bit of flexibility (i.e. deep strike the lesser daemons or obliterators in to a choice forward position)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I suppose I could drop a lesser daemon for an icon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the Obliterators are a much better option as they give you guys much more flexibility in you long range firepower. Definitely need to get a game or two in before the tournaments and...
    ...give us the battle reports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking list jim, nice to see something different from Lash and Plague Marines. Everytime I play against Chaos Oblits always cause my problems so I'd say stick with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't say much that hasn't already been said. looks really solid. i would hate to see this on the other side of the table

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!

    Mags I promise a few battle reports, as soon as the Raider, possessed and the modified Krüg are finished being painted. As I am a painted models in public snob, at least when it comes to my minis. I was just raised that way.

    -Jim

    ReplyDelete