Saturday, November 23, 2013

My first Warzone Resurrection models

Here are the first models I have painted for Warzone Resurrection. They have taken an excruciatingly long time to complete due to my current limitations. Before I show them off there are a few things I would like to share about the new miniatures line.

First off these are not "heroic" scaled miniatures, they are 100% proportional to their scale. They are billed as 28mm, but are actually 32mm, which I am excited about. The WZR models are 100% 3D designed, then printed and cast. They are cast out of polyurethane resin and have exceptional details. This isn't your standard quality resin either, out of my nearly 200 miniatures I have received I have not found a single bubble on them at all.

Secondly being truly proportioned to scale and being used to "heroic" scale models for 20 years is a bit startling at first. However once you begin building and painting these you become accustomed to it very quickly! I love them the more I look at them, they are gorgeous miniatures!

Thirdly these will not mix at all with any of the old existing Warzone miniatures, which is great in my eyes cause 80% of them look like garbage to today's standards.

Ok on to the eyecandy:

Here is a Capitol Free Marine:







Next up is a Dark Legion Razide:


I am quite pleased with how these have turned out, especially with my current painting limitations.

Until next time, keep your powder dry and bullets flying!

4 comments:

  1. I am definately having a streak of uncontrollable mini-envy at the moment. I have never been a great fan of heroic scale myself and these minis are a breath of fresh air. I might have to scrap a few projects to make room for something with these beauties.

    Please keep them coming Big Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking minis, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me boys, there will be a lot of Warzone in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great! I need to get around to painting my boys up when I finish moving.

    ReplyDelete