Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thoughts on Thunder from Fenris


I just finished listening to Thunder from Fenris the latest Black Library Audio book, written by Nick Kyme. It is a Space Wolf story that follows a group of Thunder Wolf cavalry and their quest to save their Wolfen brother while they contend with a zombie Plague. I just had to get this one as it covers three of my favorite gaming subjects, Space Wolves, Chaos and Zombies!

I must say that I am very impressed! The story is well written and the sound effects were great. As a twenty year Space Wolves fan and gamer, I loved it. The end of the story sent a warm thrill through my body, very epic! Well done Mr. Kyme, you have done justice to the Sons of Russ.

So if you are a fanatical Space Wolves fan or just like audio books, be sure to check out Thunder from Fenris.

Here is the description on the back of the case:

A zombie plague blights the ice world of Skorbad, a planet that is ravaged by war. A heroic band of Space Wolves are sent in to break the deadlock, but these are not just any sons of Leman Russ - they are Thunderwolf riders, an ancient brotherhood, warriors of myth and legend.

During the hunt for the corrupted propagators of the plague, one of the Space Wolves succumbs to the Wulfen curse. Suddenly it isn't just zombies that these feral heroes face in the darkness. Amid the ruins of Skorbad, the Space Wolves must save their fallen brother before a much more horrifying truth is revealed.

Cheers,
-Big Jim

2 comments:

  1. May have to give it a shot. Wasn't too thrilled about the idea for audio books, but it's good to hear someone give it a good review. Will definitely pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely check it out, I've been re-listening to is as I paint my new Wolf Priest, very inspiring!

    -Jim

    ReplyDelete