Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Ancient have awakened



It looks like GIF is going to be seized by the Star Gods, while I build and paint a commission Necron army for one of my long time friends. Last year I had pointed out a thread on Warseer by Pazshadow and told him that if I ever did a Necron army that I would do similar conversions.


Damn those Necrons standing upright look fantastic!

Almost a year later, he has decided to get back into 40K and wants to have this awesome looking army for himself; some people are so selfish! :-)

I am picking up the miniatures from him tonight so expect updates soon.

Now this commission does not mean that work on the Soul Reapers codex stops completely, but I will focus on playtesting rather than finishing the minis from their three-color status for now.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent idea. I truly think that this would be an excellent conversion for Necrons. In a way, I was always surprised that the Necron sprue did not include options for damage parts.
    You would assume if they mouldered away in a tomb for the last several eons, that some damage was bound to occur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys. I'm now trying to figure out an effective starter list for him to use, which is proving difficult.

    ReplyDelete