Friday, October 15, 2010

Space Sharks Spec Ops Team Megalodon: Veteran Brother Sgt Quint

Just when you thought is was safe to go back into space! Sgt Quint shows up to exact the Emperors will, here he is in all his finished glory!

Overall I am quite happy with the mini, there are a few things that could have been done better. Like his eyes and the iron cross on his right shoulder pauldron. I will revisit both at a later date.

I went old school on the power sword going with colored metallics for the blade; it is the way I did them up until the mid ninety's. I think it turned out nifty, although this is the one thing I figured might get grief over.

I am very pleased with his skin tone, I had over highlighted it and thought I was done-fore. As a gamble I gave it a watered down sepia wash, then Bam, success!

I went with red for the stamps on the purity seals to give the rather drab scheme a splash of color. I left the red stripe off of the helmet, I thought it might be a bit much and detract from the camo's effect.





9 comments:

  1. Looking good! Space Sharks FTW! Good job on the logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good looking model, I especially like the freehand. Didn't Space Sharks changed name in the new IA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's gonna need a bigger drop pod.

    @ Antipope...he is intentionally using the old name. I think I might be the only one who actually likes the new name. A lot of people seem to prefer the BattleTech-esque Space Sharks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Space marines in camo, like a nostalgic look back to the good ol' days...

    Nicely done sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of camo'd Space Marines, and the painting is great, but I keep getting distracted by that face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. What's wrong with retro?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great model. Definitely worthy of Killzone. He looks like he is ready to attack and slay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate them.

    I redid the eyes as you can seen in the following post.

    Cheers,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete